On the Street

Working Carbon Monoxide Detectors

As the cold weather goes on, the fire department continues to respond to carbon monoxide issues and gas leaks.

Earlier today, the fire department responded to the 800 block of Schaefer Ave for a reported gas leak.  Upon arrival firefighters detected an odor of natural gas and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the home using our calibrated detection meters.

It is critical that residents have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in their home for early detection of these deadly gasses.