At 11:00pm, the Oradell Fire Department was dispatched to the 600 block of Ridgewood Avenue in Oradell, for a reported fire, initially reported by an Oradell Firefighter via 911. Car 20 and Car 202 arrived on scene first to find a working fire in the back room of a home.
Squad 22 arrived next on-scene, stretched an attack line, and began the initial knock down of the fire. Tower 21 searched the home for victims while Engine 23 stretched a second attack line through the front door.
A 2nd Alarm was transmitted also bringing New Milford, River Edge, and Paramus Fire Departments to the scene. The fire was brought under control within 20 minutes.
Late Friday night, Tower 21 and Car 203 responded to the 700 block of Columbia Street in New Milford for a structure fire at an apartment complex. Car 203 assumed the Operations Sector while Tower 21 searched the apartment for any possible victims and vented the structure by removing windows in the apartment and opening a hole in the roof. Oradell units were on scene for about 90 minutes.
After returning from an oven fire on Amaryllis Avenue in Oradell earlier this afternoon, Car 202, Car 203, Tower 21, and Engine 23 were dispatched to a reported fire on Woodland Avenue in New Milford. Tower 21 arrived on scene and assumed the role of “first due truck” performing a search for victims and venting the structure to remove smoke and other toxic gases from the structure. Engine 23 performed overhaul, secured the gas and electrical utilities, as well as provided additional manpower for other tasks due to the high summer time temperatures today.
At 13:50 today Oradell Car 20 and Engine 24 responded to the intersection of Forest Ave and Ridgewood Ave for a two car head on crash with multiple injuries. Engine 24 stretched a protection line and assisted the EMS units on scene. A small engine fire had been knocked down by first arriving Police units using a dry chemical extinguisher. A total of 5 injured persons were transported to the hospital. Units operated about 1 hour.
Earlier this morning, the fire department responded to the Oradell Borough Hall for an odor of smoke in the building. Initial investigation found light smoke through out the first floor. Upon checking the air conditioning equipment in the basement, a small fire was found inside one of these units and was quickly extinguished.