On Tuesday around 18:00 hours, the fire department was dispatched to the 200 block of Kinderkamack Road for a reported house fire which was quickly confirmed by Oradell Police, who also advised of an occupant possibly trapped inside.
Oradell Squad 22 was the first arriving unit, secured a water supply and stretched an initial attack line to the front of the structure to begin knocking down the fire. River Edge Ladder 1 arrived on-scene shortly after (already out on another alarm) and quickly worked to get a ground ladder around the rear of the building where a trapped occupant was reported to be located. Members of Squad 22 and Ladder 1 were able to successfully remove the trapped occupant from a roof in the rear of the building.
Several mutual aid companies operated on-scene to bring the fire under control within two hours.
Photos Courtesy of: https://www.btfirephotos.com
The fire department was alerted late Sunday night of reported structure fire in the 300 block of Demarest Avenue. Car 20 arrived first on-scene, reported smoke showing from an attached garage and requested the “working fire dispatch” bringing additional mutual aid units to the scene and to cover our firehouse. Squad 22 deployed the first attack line to quickly knock down the bulk of the fire. Extensive overhaul was performed to check for any fire spread. Units operated on-scene for about two hours.
At 1:50PM, companies were dispatched to the 200 block of Garden Place in Oradell, for a reported structure fire. First arriving units reported smoke coming from the house and confirmed a working fire in a private dwelling. A deep seated fire was found in the attic that was quickly extinguished, however, unusual construction conditions in the attic required extensive overhaul operations. This 3rd Alarm Fire brought several mutual aid companies to the scene as well as to cover our firehouse. Companies operated on-scene for about two hours.
Photo’s Courtesy of Chris Saraceno.
Earlier today, Oradell’s Water Rescue Units staffed with Swiftwater Technicians and Boat Operators responded to the City of Hackensack to assist the Hackensack Fire Department with the search and removal of a body in the Hackensack River. Units assisted on-scene in the rear of The Shops at Riverside for approximately two hours.
More Info: https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/bergen/hackensack/2018/02/11/body-recovered-hackensack-river/327323002/
As the cold weather goes on, the fire department continues to respond to carbon monoxide issues and gas leaks.
Earlier today, the fire department responded to the 800 block of Schaefer Ave for a reported gas leak. Upon arrival firefighters detected an odor of natural gas and detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the home using our calibrated detection meters.
It is critical that residents have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in their home for early detection of these deadly gasses.