On Tuesday around 18:00 hours, the fire department was dispatched to the 200 block of Kinderkamack Road for a reported house fire which was quickly confirmed by Oradell Police, who also advised of an occupant possibly trapped inside.
Oradell Squad 22 was the first arriving unit, secured a water supply and stretched an initial attack line to the front of the structure to begin knocking down the fire. River Edge Ladder 1 arrived on-scene shortly after (already out on another alarm) and quickly worked to get a ground ladder around the rear of the building where a trapped occupant was reported to be located. Members of Squad 22 and Ladder 1 were able to successfully remove the trapped occupant from a roof in the rear of the building.
Several mutual aid companies operated on-scene to bring the fire under control within two hours.
Photos Courtesy of: https://www.btfirephotos.com
The fire department was alerted late Sunday night of reported structure fire in the 300 block of Demarest Avenue. Car 20 arrived first on-scene, reported smoke showing from an attached garage and requested the “working fire dispatch” bringing additional mutual aid units to the scene and to cover our firehouse. Squad 22 deployed the first attack line to quickly knock down the bulk of the fire. Extensive overhaul was performed to check for any fire spread. Units operated on-scene for about two hours.
Today members of Oradell FD outfitted Engine 23 with 5″ supply hose. A big departure from how we normally conduct business. This is the first 5″ Engine in the Departments history. We have never needed large diameter hose because of our proximity to the Water Pumping Facility but as a progressive Department we march on.
Tonight during the monthly meeting Oradell FD Members were alerted for a car fire on O’Connell Place. Units turned out quickly with Chief 20, Chief 201 arriving and confirming a well involved SUV. Squad 22, Engine 23 and Engine 24 all arrived about the same time. Squad 22 and Engine 23 each stretched one hose line each and operated for about 30 minutes with members for Engine 24. Remember to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter also !
On Saturday morning, the fire department responded to a reported smoke condition on the 2nd floor of a building in the 200 block of Kinderkamack Road. The Lieutenant from Engine 23 quickly reported that contractors on scene had ruptured a freon pipe on an air conditioner unit which created a vapor cloud in the hallway. The unit was secured and the building was vented with fresh air. Members took some time to cool down before returning to quarters.